“Discerning a response to the ecological crisis is a profound act of care. At this kairos moment, action is needed. The Laudato Si’ Goals guide our actions. Their holistic approach supports a spiritual and cultural revolution as we strive for total sustainability in the spirit of integral ecology.” Source: [ https://laudatosiactionplatform.org/ ]
NDVS Action Goal for November:
RESPONSE TO THE CRY OF THE POOR
2021 | Cry of the Earth, Cry of the Poor | The Bishops Social Justice Statement 2021-22 (6:08)
Australian Catholic Bishops Conference September 2021 [ https://youtu.be/LvLX2BQiOjM ]
RESPONSE TO THE CRY OF THE POOR
The Response to the Cry of the Poor is a call to promote eco-justice, aware that we are called to defend human life from conception to death, and all forms of life on Earth. Actions could include projects to promote solidarity, with special attention given to vulnerable groups such as indigenous communities, refugees, migrants, and children at risk, analysis and improvement of social systems, and social service programmes. (Source: https://laudatosiactionplatform.org/ )
The Response to the Cry of the Poor is a call to promote eco-justice, aware that we are called to defend human life from conception to death, and all forms of
life on Earth. A proposed set of actions to make progress towards this goal includes the following (to be finalized in the coming months).
● Protecting all life through educational events
● Delivering WASH services by ensuring access to clean water, training community members in hygiene practices, and ensuring diverse community members plan WASH projects
● Promoting and protecting Indigenous leadership by ensuring Indigenous communities have the rights to their land and by elevating Indigenous leadership
● Delivering access to land and clean air by ensuring community members have free access to green space and that children’s spaces are free of air pollution
● Growing in solidarity with vulnerable people by doing an audit of community challenges, delivering programs to address basic needs, and delivering programs to address failed systems
● Sharing resources and wisdom by learning from elders, sharing social resources, sharing monetary resources, and holding community-wide action days
Direct Link to the complete document: https://laudatosiactionplatform.org/app/uploads/2021/05/overview-of-laudato-si-goals-and-actions.pdf
Actions for Justice Resources
The Laudato Si’ Action Platform empowers the universal Church and all people of good will to respond to [ https://www.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/encyclicals/documents/papa-francesco_20150524_enciclica-laudato-si.html ] Laudato Si’, Pope Francis’ encyclical on caring for our common home.
[ Fratelli Tutti | Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur (notredameonline.org) ]
[ Reducing Inequalities | Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur (notredameonline.org) ]
[ Zero Hunger November Theme | Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur (notredameonline.org) ]
Closing the Liturgical Year and Beginning Advent
Thank you to Alex Savage from ND Norwich for two PowerPoints on the Feast of Christ the King and Advent Week ONE. https://www.notredameonline.org/community/networking/nd-newtork-november-features-notre-dame-school-in-norwich-uk/
Be sure to look at #NDSchools on Twitter for Glimpses of God’s Goodness.